We were in Oregon on Thanksgivng Day since my Grandpa's funeral was Friday. We left in the morning and headed up to Cresent City, CA to see the Redwoods and the Northern, CA coast. It was a little chilly but SO gorgeous we're so glad we made the trip. Jake's dad was in the Coast Guard so Jake grew up on the coast and he was so happy to see the ocean for the first time in a long time! It was a first for both Hallie and Graden. After we got back to Medford we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner prepared by my aunts, mother, and grandma with all of my extended family who were there. We had to have it in a church because there were so many people. It was fun to see everyone. Friday was my Grandpa's funeral and luncheon afterward and it all went really well. I cried my eyes out of course. I'm a big crybaby, once I get going I can't stop. We went to the VA cemetary. It was so beautiful and peaceful there with all the matching headstones symetrically placed I can't immagine a more perfect place to lay a loved one to rest. So here's a slide show of our trip (alot of pictures in a short time).



2 comments:
Looks like a fun but sad trip at the same time i'm glad you guys had fun while going through such a rough thing!
I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I am glad you were able to go to the funeral and spend Thanksgiving with all of your family. I hope your trip was nice. Pretty fun pictures. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment