First we measured how far up we wanted the wainscoting to come up and painted the walls white. Then Jake cut the boards and built the frames for the walls and then hung them up.

Next he added some trim and new 5 inch base boards.

Then after ALOT of nail hole filling, caulking, and sanding. We painted it all white.

Here's the finished product. This is the entryway by the garage that was in my "before" photo. With the new slate tile Jake did a few months ago.

To the left from the entryway is the wood stairs he built when we moved into the house. Ignore the messy computer desk, I've been too preoccupied to clean it up.

To the left from the computer desk. The railing up top looks into our dining/kitchen. I am going to make some curtains and get rid of those gross vertical blinds.
To the left of the door. Our new TV stand and TV. I will also make curtains for that window.
I need some new decorations for this wall. The ones I had won't work anymore.

That's it. Many many hours of labor went into this and man, I totally get why it's so expensive to have it done. I LOVE it! I need to add some color with the curtains and some pillows for the couch so it's not SO neutral. I am thinking a powder blue or a light green? What do you think?
We are going to do wainscoting in our bedroom too, but only on the wall behind the bed. It will probably take some time before I can convince Jake to take on another project though. I really appreciate having a handy hubby. I couldn't do it without him! Love you honey!
2 comments:
I pretty much love that!!!! Now....if only I could convince my hubbs to do something like that! LOL Good work! Looks great!
That looks gorgeous! I love wainscoting. Keep up the good work Jake
Post a Comment