I forgot to take a "before" picture but in the background of this is what's called a "dry sink". Jake's parents were getting rid of it a couple years ago and we snatched it up. It matched their china hutch. It's probably almost as old as Jake.
Here it is with the additions Jake added to it.

We need to get a better camera because these pictures don't even do it justice. I was nervous to distress it. I have never distressed anything before. I really like how it turned out.
It doesn't look shiny in real life, the flash did that.
Best of all the whole make-over only cost about $100! Our next project is wainscoting and new 5 inch baseboards in this room! That fabulous new TV will be mounted on the wall to keep grubby little fingers off of it. I'll post pics once that is all done.
No comments:
Post a Comment