This year we missed out on some parts of Christmas due to stomach flu going around. My family had a family party on the 23rd, but since Hallie spend the whole night before it violently throwing up we stayed away so we wouldn't give it to anyone else. I was sad to miss it. I spend the whole day sanitizing my entire house from top to bottom to kill everything. I was NOT going to let the stomach flu ruin the rest of our Christmas. (Not to mention that I had to work Christmas night and the punishment at my work for calling in sick on a holiday is that next year you have to work that holiday plus the current years. Which for me would mean I'd spend this Christmas sick and next year I'd have to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas night. No THANK YOU!)
So after no one else had any symptoms and Hallie was all better, we went a head and had Jake's family come over to our house for Christmas Eve. We ate some yummy food that my wonderful chef of a husband made and played Just Dance 2 on the wii. We all brought a present like a white elephant, but a good present that you would actually want and competed by dancing the same two songs. Then we chose gifts in order of highest score to lowest. Jake's mom won! (She was on her high schools drill team. SO I guess she's still got it.)Dan came in second, I was third, and I can't remember after that. It was all really fun except one part when Ben was not very nice to Jake. I have a tradition of new PJ's that we all open on xmas eve. This year I got everyone super soft fuzzy robes instead. The kids got Wiggle Racer's from Santa. Hallie asked to have her room re-done so I made her a new duvet cover. Her Grandma Lewis made her pillows and wall hangings. I will do another post that shows her bedroom makeover. Grady got lots of super hero stuff.
This is everyone dancing to "Hey yeah" by OutKast.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43dE6fiTTSU
Our family in our fuzzy robes!
Kids on their wiggle racers. Santa even knew their favorite colors!
P.S. Jake and I got this for each other for Christmas:
P.S. Jake and I got this for each other for Christmas:

Loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment