Yesterday morning I took Graden's PJ's off to change his diaper and he had this horrible rash on his thighs. I called and left a message with his pediatrician because he had his immunizations last week and she'd mentioned something about the possibility of a rash at the injection site. Well two hours later when then nurse called back it was pretty much gone, so I wasn't concerned. It was completely gone within four hours. Then later that day it suddenly came back but now had spread to his hips, calves, bum, and arms. So now I was freaking out a little that my baby was going to go into anaphylactic shock and I took him in to the doctor. We weren't able to see a pediatrician but saw another doctor at the clinic who said it was definitely an allergic reaction to something. He said it was probably not a food allergy because there wasn't any rash on his torso. So I gave him benadryl every four hours all night because the Respiratory Therapist in me was paranoid that his throat was going to close off while he was sleeping. Even though he hadn't shown any signs of it affecting his breathing, but it had appeared so suddenly that I was worried. This morning his skin is all clear so far, hopefully it doesn't happen again because we can't pinpoint anything that caused it.
And here's some other cute pictures from the past few days.
1 comment:
He is so freakin cute!
Post a Comment