"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."




Sunday, April 10, 2011

Costume Redo

Hallie has been picked to play Juliet in her second grade classes play of "Romeo and Juliet"! Her teacher asked if anyone had anything to help out with costumes. This dress came to mind as being close to mid-evil looking. Here she is in it as a vampire in 2009.
With about $8 in fabric and decorative trim I was able to turn it into a "Juliet" dress.
It had long triangle pieces attached to the wrists that dangled. I cut them off and then added them into the sleeves to make them have larger openings. I cut the dress in half at the waist and added a satin black skirt that is a little more full. Most importantly it's floor length now. She has grown so much that the original dress was about 10 inches above the floor! Then I added the decorative trim. It definitely isn't my best sewing job ever, but it'll do the job just fine. I just need to make her a head piece and she'll be all set!

Her play is Thursday May 5th at 6:30pm at North Ogden Elementary.
She's been working SO hard to memorize all her lines. I am so proud of her and I can't wait to see her perform!

2 comments:

Tara Kay said...

Laura, I'm so impressed! I wish I had your talent!!!

Rebecah Ogden said...

so awesome!