I've seen these cute of earring holders around a lot lately and wanted to make one for myself, and one for Hallie. So Hallie and I went to DI and found some old frames to use. I wanted to find some fancier more ornate looking frames, but this was all we could find. I had seen the earring holders done with chicken wire before, but I wanted the holes to be smaller to allow for more earrings, because more is always better right? So I found another type of wire in the roofing section at Lowe's and it worked just perfectly.
Here's mine before. ($1 at DI)
Hallie's was just a plain wood frame before ($3). Here it is after she painted it.
Hallie's after.
Mine after.

I like the way they turned out. I was going to paint mine black, but ended up going with this antique white. It wasn't a big change from the color it was. I am not the craftiest of crafty but I like to dabble a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment