Last week Jake, Graden, and I were lucky enough to join Hallie on her field trip to the zoo. Grandma Lewis was there too since she is one of the first grade teachers at Hallie's school. Grady hasn't been to the zoo since he was really little and didn't care much about where he was. This time since he is so into animals, he got really excited about each one we saw, and when we would walk away to go see the next animal he would shout "More, More, More....". It was really cute! We had a group of six 6 year-olds to keep an eye on as the first graders made their way around the zoo. It was a little nerve racking and I counted them all to make sure we still had 6 about every 10 seconds all day long. I now know why John and Kate Gosling are psychotic. That was hard! There was a new baby elephant that was born this year, it was SO cute I want one for a pet. If only they stayed that little. The giraffe was posing for us and we saw an orangutan picking his nose and eating it.
"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Field trip to the Zoo
Last week Jake, Graden, and I were lucky enough to join Hallie on her field trip to the zoo. Grandma Lewis was there too since she is one of the first grade teachers at Hallie's school. Grady hasn't been to the zoo since he was really little and didn't care much about where he was. This time since he is so into animals, he got really excited about each one we saw, and when we would walk away to go see the next animal he would shout "More, More, More....". It was really cute! We had a group of six 6 year-olds to keep an eye on as the first graders made their way around the zoo. It was a little nerve racking and I counted them all to make sure we still had 6 about every 10 seconds all day long. I now know why John and Kate Gosling are psychotic. That was hard! There was a new baby elephant that was born this year, it was SO cute I want one for a pet. If only they stayed that little. The giraffe was posing for us and we saw an orangutan picking his nose and eating it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment