"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."




Friday, March 30, 2012

Can't wait for Summer!

We LOVE the spring and summer so much in our family we talk a lot about possibly moving to a warmer climate one day. So when it is nice here we like to spend a lot of time outside. The patio set that we have had seen better days. We really wanted a whole new set but the one's we like are pretty pricey so we had to figure out something else. The cushion from the love seat was ruined so we opted not to keep the love seat. I decided to try to re-cover the cushions from the chairs of our old patio set. The foam was still in great condition, but the fabric was super tattered.

This is how they looked before:
The cushion is actually flipped over since the top looked like this:

Yep, they were toast. So I looked into outdoor fabric and that can be expensive too! So I went in search of something to cover them in and I ended up finding an outdoor table cloth at Ross for $13.99. Here's the chair with the new cover:




Here's the final "set". I am really happy with it. We did splurge on a $180 wicker love seat from Home Depot. The green Adirondack chairs are a kit from home depot all ready to assemble $50 each. You simply paint or stain them and put them together. We went with a green tinted stain. I like how they came out. We also have our old coffee table and a new fire pit. For less than $300 we're good to go! Bring on the good weather!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooh, looks great! Way to go :)