"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."




Friday, January 15, 2010

Armoire project




The top is a picture similar to the TV stand we have had since we got married. Recently Graden has gotten super destructive. He as thrown our Wii on the ground multiple times and broken 2 DVD players. I decided I was done with worrying about him breaking stuff and set out to find a new TV stand that would put it out of reach. Well they are expensive and we are trying to go to Disneyland this spring, so I ended up finding this one on KSL. I got it for $45+about$50 in paint and supplys and wa-la. Problem solved for less than a crappy furniture in a box armoire would have cost, plus I enjoy fixing up old furniture. There's something satisfying about making it look new again.

4 comments:

Tara Kay said...

That looks awesome! Great job!

Sarah said...

Nice job! It looks fabulous. I love black furniture

Rebecah Ogden said...

i love your knack for creating something new!

dmaismith said...

You did a great job on the armoire. Wish I had those skills. Grady is funny--although I'm sure when he's in a destructive mood it is more frustrating than funny.